Exterran Warranty Manager in Houston, Texas
Exterran is a global leader in full-service natural gas compression and a premier provider of services and equipment for oil & gas production, processing, treating, transportation and storage.
Exterran Corporation (NYSE: EXTN) is a publicly traded company with about 6,000 dedicated professionals working in about 30 countries. We cover every major oil & gas region of the world and serve the full spectrum of energy clients, from the super majors and National Oil Companies (NOCs) to the independent Exploration & Production and distribution companies. They count on us for fast, expert products and services. And we work hard to deliver.
Exterran Is An Equal Employment Opportunity
Exterran is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the HRD at Accommodation.Requests.NA@Exterran.com
The Manager, Warranty directs, manages, and oversees the establishment of a centralized warranty function within the company. The function shall be responsible for handling company warranty claims and warranty claims against suppliers. Reports past cost and warranty-cause trends and forecasts future potential issues. Provides warranty input to product lines and aftermarket servcies to drive improvement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Direct the execution of a centralized warranty function within the company.
· Facilitates warranty case prioritization and resolution among the business functions. Is viewed as leader for this process work stream.
· Ensures that adequate training is provided to field operations, marketing, engineering, and product line personnel to understand warranty processes and procedures.
· Participate in standardization of Exterran Contractual Warranty Terms & Conditions
· Develops and executes a standardized Exterran Warranty Policy
· Coordinate warranty lifecycle documentation trail.
· Assist in the coordination and communication of customer / equipment related problems as needed.
· Coordinate additional resources internal or external, as needed.
· Assure root cause and resolution are established and documented.
· Proactively communicate problems as they arise.
· Develop and oversee a closed loop problem / warranty database.
· Be an active participant in the corrective action process, assuring that loop is closed and documented. (Manufacturing and major equipment vendors).
· Provide problem resolution feedback to individuals or groups reporting problems and/or submitting claims.
· Conduct Customer Satisfaction Surveys to gage performance of Exterran products and services- done in coordination with commercial regions.
· Uses f statistical quality methods and techniques to analyze warranty data, and manufacturing data to identify failure trends. Transform the data into knowledge to prioritize product/manufacturing actions to improve quality.
· Processes supplier warranty claims on a timely basis.
· Review warranty schedule on a regular basis and follow up on disposition of all outstanding claims.
· Maintains metrics and work goals to reduce warranty reserves for the business through improved performance.
· Directs the publication of key departmental metrics for management and staff.
· Minimum requirement is for an undergraduate degree in an engineering or science field.
· 10+ years of related experience with a minimum of 5 years in a management role.
· Prior work role experience in oil and gas equipment industry
· Basic accounting skills and understanding of general ledger and terminology
· Experience with ERP systems (Oracle).
· Experience in managing closed-looped warranty programs.
· Must be a self-starter, able to perform with limited directions.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Excellent Communication skills.
· Ability to influence without direct authority.
· Strong MS Office skills with Excel, Power Point, and Word.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
· Strong verbal, interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
EXTERRAN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Exterran is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf. VEVRAA Federal Contractor; priority referral of veterans requested
PAY TRANSPARENCY POLICY STATEMENT
Exterran will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.