Exterran Tax Accountant International Senior in Houston, Texas
International Tax Accountant Senior
This position will focus on U.S. international tax compliance and income tax provision in addition to financial reporting of foreign operations activity with participation in international tax research, planning and special projects as needed.
· Assist in preparation, review, and analysis of foreign income tax provision reporting for international subsidiaries to management
· Communicate and analyze the foreign effective tax rate (ETR) drivers
· Analyze and reconcile foreign tax accounts on GL
· Assist with the review of foreign statutory accounts and tax returns
· Assist with the management of local country income and indirect tax audits
· Coordinate data collection with other accounting functions to obtain required information related to government filings
· Monitor U.S. and foreign tax law changes impacting foreign operations
· Prepare international components of consolidated U.S. federal income tax return including - Forms 5471, 5713, 8858 and related elections and consolidated return statements
· Assist in preparation of FTC analysis for consolidated group (Form 1118)
· Monitor, minimize and calculate deemed income inclusions (GILTI, Subpart F, Section 78 Gross-Up and Section 956)
· Assist in calculating and maintaining U.S. international tax attributes (E&P, tax pools, FTC, OFL, ODL, SLL, DCL, etc.)
· Preparation of Forms 1042 and 1042-S; working knowledge of §1441 and familiar with Form W-8 requirements
· Assist with preparation and tracking of OECD BEPS Action 13 reporting requirements (e.g. country-by-country report, master file, local file and notifications)
· Preparation of FINCEN Form 114 (f.k.a. TD F90-22.1- FBAR)
· Perform research on U.S. and international tax issues
· Assist with and support of international tax planning and involvement in special projects, such as, restructuring, transfer pricing, M&A, repatriation
· Maintain tax compliance calendar
· Document performance of internal controls and procedures for SOX testing
· Communicate regularly within Exterran to build positive relationships, possess accurate timely responses and develop a thorough understanding of the Company and its goals
· BS/BA degree in accounting or equivalent
· 4+ years of experience working on international corporation income taxation compliance, provision accounting, and research with public accounting firm or large internal corporate tax function.
· Strong ability to work independently, multitask, and meet project deadlines
CPA or seeking CPA designation preferred
MS/MAcc in taxation a plus
Strong working knowledge of, and experience in, ASC 740 Income Taxes (FAS 109/FIN 48) and ASC 450 Contingencies (FAS 5)
Experience working with tax fixed asset calculations
Experience with Oracle Essbase/Fixed Asset a plus
Excellent research skills, strong written and verbal communications skills
Multilingual – Spanish and English a plus
Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work across professional disciplines
Proven ability to work effectively as a team player but with ability to work independently, multi-task and meet defined deadlines
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to take ownership of a project
Strong organization skills, attention to detail and sense of urgency
Proficient using complete Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) and PC Skills
Proficient using computer-based accounting, tax, and research systems; Oracle, RIA, BNA, and Corptax preferred
Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Exterran is committed to always “doing the right thing.” We place value in our ability to make appropriate decisions when confronted with multiple options.
Our core values are Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Collaboration, Courage, and Curiosity. These core values guide our actions as individuals and as a Company. The foundation of our values is our commitment to people and safety. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Exterran. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
Exterran is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Exterran provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law.