Exterran Project Manager III in Houston, Texas
Exterran is a global leader in full-service natural gas compression and a premier provider of services and equipment for oil & gas production, processing, treating, transportation and storage.
Exterran Corporation (NYSE: EXTN) is a publicly traded company with about 6,000 dedicated professionals working in about 30 countries. We cover every major oil & gas region of the world and serve the full spectrum of energy clients, from the super majors and National Oil Companies (NOCs) to the independent Exploration & Production and distribution companies. They count on us for fast, expert products and services. And we work hard to deliver.
Exterran Is An Equal Employment Opportunity
Exterran is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the HRD at Accommodation.Requests.NA@Exterran.com
Summary: Responsible for leading the successful execution of large, complex manufacturing projects and/or key accounts simultaneously and in accordance with the baselined schedule and cost budgets through co-ordination and influence of multi-discipline teams. May have direct reports
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Ensures site-wide zero safety incident mindset and conditions
· Assumes ownership and accountability of assigned duties
· Leads through collaboration within the team and across functional lines to support Global Projects key targets.
· Lives, supports and promotes Exterran Code of Conduct.
· Responsible for all project deliverables and baselines including schedule, cost and revenue budgets and cost forecasts from PO award through contract closure
· Production, submittal and tracking of change orders
· Regular customer and internal reporting at all levels (includes Executive Leadership Team)
· Management of project websites
· Monitoring, adjustment and baselining of cost forecasts
· Leads production and revision of process documents
· Acts as a single point of contact for the life cycle of the project
· Leads all internal and customer meetings to identify and control scope, schedule and budgets.
· Coordinates technical interpretation as required
· Ensuring adherence to policies, procedures, government regulations, and customer specifications; ensuring the documentation of project activities and deliverables
· Follows established Global Project KPIs and administrative procedures
· May work with 3rd party inspection and/or EPC firms
· Leads team in continuous improvement activities
· Leads team efforts in accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner
· Leads and participate in project closure meetings and financial meetings
· Acts as a mentor for other Project Managers and Project Coordinators
· Responsible for monitoring project POC with a view to achieving business targets
Required Skills or Tools:
· Proficient using complete Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) and PC skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Ability to write concise reports and business correspondence
· Strong team player and able to work with minimum supervision and under pressure.
· Ability to lead small teams of professionals
· Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, preferably in Engineering or related field
· Minimum seven years of experience in a related position
· Minimum five years of Project Management experience in manufacturing environment
· Project Management Professional Certification or related certifications
· Experience with ERP systems (preferably Oracle and Primavera P6).
· Excellent verbal and communication skills
· Experience with project scheduling and cost forecasting
· Experience in customer service oriented roles
· Experience leading small teams of professionals
· Experience with Gas Compression packaging
· Working knowledge of ASME and API standards
· Experience with POC accounting
· Must meet all OSHA regulations and must wear all required PPE when in the shop environment.
EXTERRAN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Exterran is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf. VEVRAA Federal Contractor; priority referral of veterans requested.
PAY TRANSPARENCY POLICY STATEMENT
Exterran will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Exterran is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Exterran provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law.