Exterran Painter Intermediate in Houston, Texas
Summary: Intermediate level position that sandblasts, cleans and paints compressors and all other equipment as directed with moderate supervision.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Operates cleaning equipment and prepares equipment for painting
· Ability to mix specific types of paint systems and applies these to customer and company specifications
· Ability to sandblast equipment to customer and company specifications
· Masks and feathers old paint in preparation for new paint. Must have knowledge of required tools and maintenance care
· Assists with paint compliance logs
· Follows all relevant HSE guidelines
· Promotes and supports safety, production and positive attitude
· Must be able to work with the team in developing improved work processes for the department
· Ability to be certified to drive a forklift
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred; and one to three years related experience and/or training
Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the job while wearing a respirator for up to 10 hours per day.
As a condition of employment, must be able to pass a Respirator Fit Test both upon hire and on annual basis.
Standard requirements. Bending, squatting, climbing, stooping, twisting and reaching will all be required occasionally in this position
Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds
Must comply with all OSHA regulations regarding paint safety procedures
Exterran is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Exterran provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law.