Exterran Network Team Lead in Houston, Texas
Title: Network Team Lead
Reports to:Director, Global IT Operations
Provides support, guidance, and direction for network trouble issues. Provides analysis, implementation, maintenance and support of all enterprise-wide networking solutions. Monitors and evaluates network systems tracking problems; recommends and implements solutions and improvements. Performs upgrades to hardware and software as required. Goal is to ensure the smooth operation of communication networks in order to provide maximum performance and availability for users.
· Provides expert networking and telecommunications consulting, guidance, and strategic planning.
· Interprets business requirements into technical frameworks, and provides technology roadmaps governed by strategic direction, business requirements, and alignment with all other technology portfolios.
· Participates in design of all LAN/WAN networks providing core guidance based on defined designed standards. Evaluates and tests network and telecommunications technologies and develops value propositions for such technologies in alignment with enterprise goals.
· Analyzes and develops business requirements to drive the development of network and telecommunications solutions and their frameworks.
· Performs network modeling and capacity planning.
· Develops technology roadmaps and strategic plans around networking and telecommunications.
· Keeps abreast of network and telecommunications vendors and how they are competing and impacting the market.
· Designs and publishes network and security standards, and processes to maintain corporate and regulatory standards.
· Analyzes regional project needs/requirements and recommends network systems and hardware.
· Coordinates with other technology architects to provide enterprise wide technology planning and roadmaps.
7+ years in network engineering with a Degree
7+ years of experience with IP routing and switching
7+ years of experience administering firewalls and IP security systems
5+ years of experience with Cisco IP voice systems
5+ years of experience in network analysis and monitoring experience
Cisco CCNP/DP or higher a plus
Knowledge of networking architecture, including LAN and WAN technologies and management
Excellent skills with documentation standards and network diagramming
Strong interpersonal and communication skills are a must
Excellent organizational and time management skills
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Knowledge of telecommunications system and carrier services
Ability to work in a team environment, be an individual contributor, or lead as required
Strong experience working with Fortinet products
Experience with Cisco routers, Cisco switches and various telecommunication equipment
Experience with Cisco ASA Firewall
Experience with Cisco DMVPN
Experience with Cisco wireless technologies
Experience with Cisco IOS, Cisco voice gateways, ACLs, routing protocols, and QoS.
Experience with Citrix NetScaler
Knowledge of telephony protocols
SolarWinds Orion, Cisco Prime, and Microsoft SCOM monitoring tools or equivalent
Experience with Cisco ACS
Strong understanding of Aruba Clearpass
Experience with installing and replacing UPS
Working knowledge VMWare virtualization would be helpful
Must be very strong using Visio and Office suite
Exterran is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Exterran provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law.