Exterran Water Technical Services Manager in Calgary, Canada
POSITIONS SUMMARY – Water Solutions Technical Services Manager
Within Exterran Water Solutions ULC, an Exterran Company, the Technical Services Manager has experience in Produced Water industry related to all operations including pumping, oil water separation, de-oiling, skimming, filtration, softening, and chemical treatment applicable to produced water, specifically in the US Shale Play market. The Technical Services Manager leads a team responsible for Research & Development, Start Up & Commissioning and Field Operations to achieve the Business Plan’s financial goals while delivering the highest quality service to our clients.
· Develop the field operations strategy to support Water Product Line growth objectives. Understands client / operator needs and assists in developing strategy for gaps in product portfolio
· Ensures the organization is optimally suited to identify customer needs and problems, to offer the most appropriate and cost effective solutions; delivers the best job execution with outstanding service quality.
· Anticipate industry trends, breakthrough technologies and market needs in order to recommend new product opportunities
· Develop and present business case for existing or new product development
· Define new product requirements, specifications and development plans, including simulation, testing, characterization and validation of new products.
· Create new intellectual property in process and product designs
· Develops technical papers with their team and presentations for technical conferences
· Trains staff and clients of advancing and new technologies
· Supports sales organization with technical client discussions.
· Identifies and assists clients in optimization of water treatment equipment and process
· Familiar with analysis of &/or able to conduct water characterization studies, including data collection and technical report writing.
· Leads technology trials with clients
· Motivates people to work to the best of their ability as part of the team through open communications, regular meetings, coaching and counseling, attention to their needs, recognition and rewards for their individual contributions and collective accomplishments.
· Manages the operation and personnel/customer relations under a strict code of professional behavior and impeccable business ethics.
· Ability to manage and arbitrate time and money spent on projects and functions within the daily operations of the company.
· Ability to plan, forecast, and coordinate future events.
· Excellent management skills.
· Strong verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel ad PowerPoint) preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE - SKILLS
· Bachelor’s degree, Engineering
· Ten years experience with Produced Water treatment equipment.
· Requires management experience of large multi-site organization preferably in the oil and gas service business.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS (generally describe the ideal candidate)
Highly comfortable in a demanding – dynamic environment
Must be able to work under pressure
Excels in a Team Environment
Able to multi-task across projects
Available for frequent travel, car and air.
Be available for International travel including site visits
Proactively identifies and recommends areas for process improvement within the organization
Exterran is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Exterran provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law.